Our next Project is the renovation of the building next door to us which presents us with the ideal opportunity to spread our wings...
- Developing an already successful Key Local Enterprise
- Building a Legacy for future generations to appreciate the particular Heritage of Lancaster's Mercantile History
- Creating more Jobs and Apprenticeships
- Sensitively developing a vacant but Iconic Art Deco property in an overlooked but Strategic Town Centre Location
- Providing an Educational & Informative Tourist Attraction to enhance and stimulate the offering of The Visitor Economy
- Creating a Centre of Excellence for Training & Development in the Hospitality Sector
- Providing a High Quality venue for enjoyment of our Award Winning Teas, Coffees & Cakes in a unique and stimulating recreational environment
- Serving as a Magnet for Cultural Activities & Community Groups
- Offering a Start-up & Development Incubation Platform for fellow suppliers of Artisan Produce
- Reducing our Carbon Footprint by having all the Production Processes & Storage Facilities virtually under one roof
- Further enhancing this area as a Caf� Quarter, part of a Business-led 'Bootstrapping' of an otherwise neglected neighbourhood
- Integrating, Streamlining & Promoting the online activity of our E-Commerce Website, we aim to create a 'Walk-through-Website' experience giving a new lease of life to all our digital content.
How do we achieve all this?
Well, we can take all of the above ingredients and create an irresistible blend Heritage & Innovation in a space that allows us to grow organically. We envisage a flow running through the building that allows us to follow the process, from green beans entering at Southern door, past exhibits of roasting and tea blending paraphernalia, offices, workshops and production areas surrounding a central restored Hall Caf� area by removing floating partition walls and suspended ceiling to reveal the original vaulted roof, complete with exposed service ducting in a post-industrial style that reflects the Work-in-Progress nature of the whole visitor experience.
This would lead through a spruced-up alleyway exit into the existing Roastery at the rear of the shop to witness the alchemy of the Roast and finally into the shop itself with all its authenticity, possibly the finest gift shop any Visitor Attraction could possibly wish for! The whole exterior would be tied together by signage and branded livery to create a block along China St., befitting its ambition to represent a flagship cultural enterprise in the heart of the city.